Sponsoring Upper Hunter Beef Bonanza
In 2018 Waverley Station is again Major Sponsor of the Upper Hunter Beef Bonanza, a three-day event at Scone in October.
Waverley Station has continued to sponsor the Upper Hunter Beef Bonanza every year for the past twelve years. It is now said to be the largest and most popular event of its kind in Australia.
The 2018 Beef Bonanza will be staged at Scone on 26, 27 and 28 October.
A major attraction is the School Steer Challenge, which draws entries from schools all over the Hunter Valley and from elsewhere in New South Wales.
Each school will participate in an educationally orientated competition aimed at increasing appreciation of the cattle industry, which will end with a cattle parade on October 28.
Beef Bonanza events include:
• Open led classes and carcase competition
• Open unled classes and carcase competition
• Education Day
• Interactive unled judging showcase
• Interschool meat judging competition
• Junior judging live assessment for school children (up to 18)
• Paraders’ competition for school children (up to 18).
Carcase judging day (with no public access) is 30 October.
Carcase judging results will be released on 3 November.
Entry details are available at www.beefbonanza.org.au and entry closing date is 28 September.